Category:The Art of War
Sun Tzu on The Art of War
The oldest military treatise in the world.
Based on the translation from the Chinese with Introduction and Critical Notes by Lionel Giles, M.A, Assistant in the Department of Oriental Printed Books and MSS. the British Museum - First Published in 1910. It began with these words:
To my brother Captain Valentine Giles, R.G. in the hope that a work 2400 years old may yet contain lessons worth consideration by the soldier of today this translation is affectionately dedicated.
Pages in category "The Art of War"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- TAOW Chapter 01 Introduction
- TAOW Chapter 02 I. Laying Plans
- TAOW Chapter 03 II. Waging War
- TAOW Chapter 04 III. Attack by stratagem
- TAOW Chapter 05 IV. Tactical Dispositions
- TAOW Chapter 06 V. Energy
- TAOW Chapter 07 VI. Weak Points and strong
- TAOW Chapter 08 VII. Maneuvering
- TAOW Chapter 09 VIII. Variation in tactics
- TAOW Chapter 10 IX. The army on the march
- TAOW Chapter 11 X. Terrain
- TAOW Chapter 12 XI. The nine situations
- TAOW Chapter 13 XII. The attack by fire
- TAOW Chapter 14 XIII. The use of spies